Duluth Tool Bags

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 1 19:47:50 MST 2007

I have also gone through a lot of tool cases over the years.  My first was the Schaff clarinet case #269.  When choosing what I want a few years ago, concern for my client's floors and furniture were high on the list.  I definitely agree with Mike on this.  My Genk case is dedicated just  for voicing work, so it comes in the house with me just a few times a week.  (It was a gift from our chapter to our late mentor Frank Lord, or it would remain retired.)  I do not like the metal corners; they just are not friendly to hardwood floors, not to mention marble or tile.  Soft bottom bags are best for the floors.

The bags I have been using for a few years are also sold by Duluth.  The Bucket Boss Bigmouth bags I have in two sizes.  The smallest one holds everything I need for tuning and regular stuff.  The bigger one holds mostly less frequent repair and regulation tools.  I have two other sizes that are matching Bucket Boss bags too.  I do not see all of the sizes on the Duluth web site.  I found them in a brick and mortar store: Berland's House of Tools.  There are lots of pockets inside and outside.  The picture on the web has so much stuffed into it, it is hard to see the bag.  They look quite a bit better with piano tools sticking out.  They are green and orange, but subdued shades.  Many clients have complimented them.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
bdornfeld at earthlink.net