has anyone ever done this....

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 16:12:04 MST 2007

Brian

After installing it, tune the string a half step high. (yes, a half a step. e2 to f2). If all you're doing is installing the string, let it sit for a while. Talk to the customer, go out to the car and rearrange your trunk, take a walk around the block, anything to spend about 15 minutes. Then before you leave, tune the string about 15 cents high, but tell the customer that the note will be out of tune for a while, then it will sound OK, for a while, and then it will start sounding bad again. Then tell her that when she can't stand it any more, to call you, because by then, it will be time to tune the whole piano again.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of