has anyone ever tried this?

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:17:44 MST 2007

Hey Now,

I'm reluctant to stick my rather prominent nose into this topic, but..... I have a few questions about advise given thus far.

First Brian says its a wound single bass string. How do you mute a single string and leave it for next time.

The advise of pulling it 1/2 step sharp on a single bass string? I do this on plain wire but bass stings? I was of the understanding that bass strings at pitch are closer to the breaking point. Would a single wound bass string tolerate being pulled a half step sharp? Sounds risky to me.

Just a few thoughts and questions for the enlightened ones.

Thanx in advance.

Steve Blasyak

OC Ca

Pura Vida