1939 Steinway wippens

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Wed Nov 7 15:30:21 MST 2007

Actually I have sensed that the overall quality of the new NY Steinway
parts has continued to improve over the past several years, and I also
find that I get somewhat better touchweight specs than with the Renner
parts.

Your point about subtle differences between different parts also applies
to current new wippens from the various manufacturers,  so that there
are cases where something other than Renner, be it S&S, or Tokiwa, or
Brooks/Abel,  provides for the best "fit".

- Mark