has anyone ever tried this?

Gary Fluke gary.fluke at verizon.net
Thu Nov 8 17:24:29 MST 2007

Michael,

I sold Kawais along with thirteen other piano brands (lots of them Aeolian)
at a large store in the late seventies.  They would come all the way from
Japan and usually be in an amazingly decent state of tune, especially
considering the trip by sea.  They put the American and Korean pianos to
absolute shame when it came to quality of construction, preparation and
tuning stability.  Having said that, my very limited experience with
American made Yamahas has been good so far.

Gary Fluke
Snohomish, WA