Silica Gel Packs

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 07:18:31 MST 2007

 The contents of these packets look remarkably like the kitty litter I buy a Trader Joe's.? Best kitty litter I've ever used.?

I always remove them from the piano, not because they do any inherent damage, but because they can break and leave the little beads all over the bottom of the piano and the living room floor.? When pianos get put on their side during delivery, these bags have a tendency to get wedged in the pedals, which decreases their life expectancy.

I don't want to be responsible in any way, shape, or form, for some little tyke finding these attractive little crystals on the floor and thinking they're candy....