Steinway action noise

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 07:45:46 MST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 6:22 AM, William R. Monroe <pianotech at a440piano.net> wrote:
> Huh.
>
> Learn somethin' new every day.  Thanks, David.
>
> William R. Monroe
>

> > Yes.  But those Hamburg parts are made by Renner.
> >
> > David Love

Thinking way outside the box here, I went back to Greg's original post
where he state's  "The school didn't like my original quote and did
something cheaper."

Perhaps the something cheaper was non-Renner and/or non-Steinway
parts!? The assumption made by most on this thread has been since
Steinway hammers were used Renner or Steinway shanks and whippens were
used as well.
Tokiwa and others make a shank and flange in the hexagonal shape as
well. Steinway's whippen has been copied by many.
I'm not there to see for myself and don't have the everyday hands-on
experience many of you do with Renner and Steinway parts. It just
occured to me following the thread and looking at the pics that there
seemed to be a lot of confusion because the parts don't match up to
the Renner parts kit.
Just a thought from a curious, interested bystander,

Mike

--
Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking
both directions anyway.
email mike at ifixpianos.com