Key lead removal tool?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 15:12:08 MST 2007

Hi all,

I've been working on a Bergman (Young Chang built) upright for a couple of years.? Over that time, I've removed unnecessary friction, but am not facing the inevitable:? reweighting the keys.?

I have not checked downweight/upweight with gram weights, but I can tell the way the keys are failing that more touchweight--probably via lead removal--is needed.? In this case, less is more.

I have never removed weights from keys, and I don't know what tools are available for this operation.? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave Stahl