sos. woes

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 19:19:09 MST 2007

Hi Ed
IS this a Renner tray? I usually have zero problems with the Renner part  but
on some few application this is a problem.  I have a set of backchecks  that
are precoved in stock. The New Tokiwa system has taken this situation  into
account & located the top flange,wire & tab to match the position  of the old
one.
  Just a thought
 Dale

Greetings,
Ok, this ain't working. Maybe  someone else has found the easy way around
this problem.
1917 Steinway M, complete action restoration, went just fine until I
replaced the underlever assembly with a factory replacement.  There  is not
enough room for the sostenuto rod between the backchecks and the  damper
tabs.  I
have even moved the entire underlever assembly distal  about as far as it
would
go and it still is interfering.
I am wondering if replacing the sos. rod with a late model  rod will help?
The original is one of the "cast" looking rods, and  it appears to be larger
than the modern ones.  Anybody run into this  and found a way through it?
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT