Sympathetic Vibration

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 12:28:10 MST 2007

Arile

Customers have a tendency to only believe what they want to believe, no matter what you tell them. Vibrations can be very difficult to trace. Humidity and? temperature will cause vibrations to come and go. Just moving the piano an inch on the floor is all it takes to get rid of a vibration. Even though the customer is convinced the vibration was there before the wall hanging was put up, the only thing you can do is ask the customer to call you the minute she hears the vibration again, because you can't fix the "vibration" if you can't hear it.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of