Current Value of Yamaha C7

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 18:23:18 MST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 10:33 AM,  <BobDavis88 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mike writes:
> and I did tell them we could probably do something with acoustic
> baffling using egg crate foam rubber to create a more pleasing sound.
> They have to play it with the top closed and it can still be a little
> loud.
>
>  ...........It plays OK for
> their purposes but could use a regulation including hammer shape,
> knuckle and backcheck bolstering and some repinning of flanges.
> Another possibility is voicing. Many Yamahas from this period had very stiff
> hammers. By the work it needs, it has been played some, possibly
> exacerbating that. Loosening up those hammers can not only remove some of
> the shrillness, it can increase the sustain, making it sound less choppy.
> The foam helps with the quantity of sound, but if it's shrill, it'll still
> be shrill, just not as loud. I take care of a couple of C7's in big living
> rooms which sound fine after appropriate voicing.
>
> What size is the church?
>
> Bob D
>

> ________________________________
> Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money
> wasters of 2007.

Hi Bob,

The room it's in now is about 20 to 25 feet deep and about 30 feet or
a little more wide with carpeting
but not much padding and an 8 foot or a little more ceiling. The
ceiling is flat, popcorned drywall type, the back is half windows
lower part wall except for the double door entry also an open area
into the kitchen on one side about 8 feet wide. Along the left wall
are more windows along the right wall, more drywall.
The building is frame almost like a newer average cost ranch style
tract home except it's a little bigger and obviously a church because
of the window configuration and the commercial type double front
doors.

The have plenty of room to expand as they grow, it is one of those
nondenominational churches that frequently depend on the personality
and charisma of the minister. We have several of those type of
churches in the area.

Mike

--
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com