bushings damaged by wd 40

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 16:04:29 MST 2007

Wear gasmask, goggles and gloves, take outside and put
on cardboard, and blast all bushings with
non-chlorinated brake part cleaner, then Protek, when
dry.  (  A day or two ) .  I won't be held responsible
if there's plastic in there, or something, which is
damaged by this method, but it's  the most effective I
know of to flush junk out of bushings. ( I did it on a
 terribly verdigris'd Steinway 2 months ago, and its'
still nice and free--even without the Protek ! )
     Thump