Kranich and Bach Action pictures

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:56:03 MST 2007

Whips certainly have short feet. I'm wondering how it all got so misaligned; has a rail been shimmed or lost it's original shims or something?

Change the whippens if you want but salvage the capstans, they are so much better than the hollow, folded metal ones so often seen (the ones where one of the "wings" collapses or breaks off while being adjusted).

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO