Kranich and Bach Action pictures

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Nov 28 05:28:51 MST 2007

Hi Dean,

Perhaps you gave the information and I just missed it.  Before you come up
with a plan, an action survey should be done (maybe not of every note but of
some samples to find out what the story is).  Down weight, Up weight, Key
ratio, Front weight, etc.  The survey will help you make the diagnosis and
then come up with a plan of attack.  If you have a scale and Stanwood kit,
the booklet included in the kit explains how to take the measurements.  The
key ratio is the measurement that reveals information about capstan
placement.  It might work out if you are changing out parts, that the
capstans won't have to be moved.  Get your Stanwood kit, scale, gram
weights, and parts kits all together and have fun experimenting.  (Take good
notes!)

Barbara Richmond
near Peoria, Illinois