Dampers

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 16:56:15 MST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 9:09 AM, Martin Wisenbaker <mbjwisenbaker at juno.com> wrote:

> Yes. Back off on the adjustment some. The sizzling sound could be that
> the felt has some caked up dust at the tops of them. Merely squeezing
> them a little and moving the felt around a little will loosen the caked
> dust and the sizzling sound will stop.
>
> Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
> Houston, Texas

I have had a similar problem in pianos from bars and supper clubs where
cigarette smoke was the culpritt leaving a residue on the dampers along with
some dust and other unknown substances causing them to sizzle. I took my 3
needle voicing tool to them in the bass and peeled the top layer in the
tenor and treble.

Mike

--
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com