Perfect Pitch Again....sigh

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Nov 30 10:52:59 MST 2007

Just ran into a new novel excuse for tuning pianos at 442 over here.
One of the town music pomps has declared that singers with perfect pitch
immediately hear that the piano is <<out of tune>> if its at any other
pitch.

I didnt bother asking him about American singers.... let along
Viennese... :)  nor did I ask him anything about how temperaments figure in.

Sigh... IYWKMROOTM   the whole perfect pitch syndrom is one of the
biggest banes in the history of music..... :(

Cheers
RicB