gift certificate / credit card

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 21:18:27 MST 2007

> For that $3.99 per month, do they set up the web site, and help you
> maintain it? Or do you have to do all the work yourself? I'm a web site
> neophite. I wouldn't know how to set one up, much less maintain it. I did
> get some basic instructions so that I could get some of my pictures in, but
> they came up with the basic design, etc. I get to check my e-mail messages
> that come through the site, and find out how many hits I've gotten.

You could have a professionally designed and uploaded site for just a few
months of what you're currently paying.  Then if you host your site for
$4.00/month, you will soon come out ahead.

What I did was hire a young guy to design my site.  He was trying to get
into web design, and wanted the experience.  You can see it at
www.formsmapiano.com.  (It cost $325.00 for the design).  Once it's up,
there's not much maintenance to do.  (On a simple site, anyway.)  But if you
need to add anything, just think of it as moving files from one place to
another.  From your computer to the hosting computer.    Some companies
might even have a graphical interface that lets you make changes much like
you would do using a word processor program.

--
JF

www.formsma.blogspot.com