OT/old news/mice/ lavender

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Mon Oct 1 12:46:25 MDT 2007

Ah, Stephane, have you seen this research?  http://tinyurl.com/yvogeb  They
weren't just talking to you; they were singing!

The reason I like the Kness traps (the company I referenced earlier) is that
the bait sits in a small cup.  Pack the peanut butter down tight... and you
WILL get your mouse.  The traps that use flat bait plates (e.g., Victor)
don't work nearly as well.

I once had a shrew that lived in my basement.  Every night, it would pop up
into the kitchen through a hole in the floor, run along the wall, jump into
the dog's bowl pan, grab one piece of dog food, hop back out, and zip into
the basement again.  The dog, the cats, and I all watched this
performance........  Because I "started" baby chicks/ducks/geese in the
house, the cats learned they were not to eat anyone who lived in the house.
The rule backfired on me eventually, and the mouse population blossomed, but
it was a fun place to live for a while (for all of us).

Annie