Introducing the Crownulator w/o typos

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Oct 4 19:39:03 MDT 2007

Wow, Jude!

Does your jointer really have 0.5" of crown!?!?!?

Big ;-] there.

Pretty cool thinking.  I like it.  Why did you choose a 12" span vs something longer (I'm thinking 18" to 24" would introduce less error).  Obviously longer wouldn't work so well up in the treble, but for the middle of the board.......

Regardless, nice work, and, if I make my own, will you still send me the knives??

Here's my latest project.......
(not telling which one is me)

William R. Monroe
  Jude wrote:

  For all you folks that have already made your Farell/Wixey/Lowell downbearing guages and are wondering what to do with your old bubble guages, I introduce..

   "The Crownulator" (patent pending)...:)

  Finally a guage that accurately measures crown to the thousandth of an inch and fits up in the high treble and other tight spaces.................

  Jude Reveley, RPT
  Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
  Lowell, Massachusetts
  (978) 323-4545