Self-employed techs

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 10:09:19 MDT 2007

I thought about forming an S corp, but we have limited liability in Florida
- Your homestead (primary house) and some other assets are protected against
most lawsuits (that's why OJ lives here, hee hee).  I have liability
insurance, because it's good business to be insured, and I have other peoples  piano
parts/pianos in my workshop that would not be covered under home  insurance.
I'd check state law where you live to see what your liability  would be if you
were sued.   The chances of damaging a piano are  fairly small, for a careful
technician.  P.S.  I always have the  rebuilding customer pay the mover
directly to move their piano, that way, if  there's moving damage, I'm not in the
middle.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician