Puzzler

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:31:39 MDT 2007

On 10/6/07, tom <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:

> Mike,
>
>             Here in dry New England, the first thing I look for in a Winter
> small vertical is the side of the piano unglued from the back.
>
>             .
>
>                         Tom Driscoll RPT

I had the same thing happen on a console once (I forget the name, but
it wasn't a Winter).

The sad thing was that it happened after I had recapped the bass
bridge and glued it back onto the apron.  Both sides were unglued, and
neither was before the tension was dropped to do the bridge repair.

The annoying thing was that the person donated this collection of
loose case parts to a small country church.  They called me to do the
tuning for their "new" piano.  I had told the previous owner it wasn't
usable, so I know she knew that.  But they probably took a nice
deduction off their taxes anyway.  :-(

--
JF

Ron Paul for President