Walter 175 hammers

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 14:03:19 MDT 2007

The lacquer I have is closer to the 25% solids and so I'm diluting it quite
a bit.  If you are inclined to use hardeners on the crown only you might
consider the keytop/acetone since it needles out easily.  Also check to be
sure that it is Wurzen felt.  There may have been one or two pianos that got
Bacon felt.  If that's the case you can feel more comfortable using lacquer
but still don't go too strong.  I must warn you to be careful in hardening
the bass end of that piano too much.  What you get if you go overboard may
be worse than what you have now.  Keeping things balanced has to trump any
preconceived notion of what any one section should sound like.  At least in
my opinion.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com