Ivory repair & AcryliKey II

PIANO2NR at aol.com PIANO2NR at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 21:18:22 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/8/2007 4:31:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ricb at pianostemmer.no writes:

Ask a  dentist ???

I did and it works very well.  You can get a curing light on  Ebay for just
over $100.  The opaque white seems to match bleached ivory  well.  I tried the
"B" color but it was not white enough. You can mix  in some of the AKII powder
for a whitening effect and to adjust translucency. I  also got some etching
gel and primer which is light cured.  Etching  and priming are necessary for
good adhesion.  After applying, cover with  transparent tape squeegeed down with
a razor blade then apply the light to cure  it.  It doesn't buff to the same
sheen as ivory though.  I applied  clear primer over the repair to get a
higher gloss.

Randy Mangus
Mangus Piano Service
140 Atkinson  Ave.