Ivory Import

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Oct 10 05:36:26 MDT 2007

>You *may* be able to get an exemption because the piano "might" be
>considered "household effects".

I though that an individual only need to document that the ivory is pre-ban
which might be somewhere in the 70's.

But for a commercial interest, such as a dealer the ivory must be 100
years old or more.

This was told to me by someone who imports pianos as I was steaming
off beautiful
one piece ivories on a 7' Bosendorfer Imperial under the careful
supervision of a hyper-vigilant customs agent.
--

Regards,

Jon Page