Fender-Rhodes tuning

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 21:35:08 MDT 2007

>From what I remember, 20 years ago, open the top, and you'll?see tines with little pieces of metal on each note. These are like tuning forks. Push the metal clip towards the end, and the pitch will drop. I used a straight damper wire bending tool to push the clip back and forth. Just turn on your ETD,?and tune, straight, without a temperament.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of
The Business of Piano Tuning
available from Potter Press
www.pianotuning.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob & Helen Goodale <rrg at unlv.nevada.edu>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 2:54 pm
Subject: Fender-Rhodes tuning

Hello,

?

I got a request to tune a piano at a recording studio tomorrow, a fairly regular gig.? This time they also wanted to know if I could tune a Fender Rhodes.??I'm sure I could do it but I'm not very familiar with them.

?

Question 1.? Is the procedure particularly complicated?

?

Question 2.? What would be involved in terms of temperament???Is it straight or is there a stretch?

?

?

Rob Goodale, RPT

Las Vegas, NV