Mystery part

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sun Oct 14 05:12:24 MDT 2007

At 22:12 10/13/2007, you wrote:
>Dave
>
>YES, YES YES, this part is very crucial. Without it, the plate will
>continually move forward, or towards the tail, and the piano will
>never stay in tune.
>Put the part in place after you install the plate, but before you
>start stringing. If it doesn't stay in place while stringing, just
>put some masking take around it and the plate, until there is enough
>tension on the plate to hold it in place.
>Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
>Piano Tuner/Technician
>Honolulu, HI
>Author of
>The Business of Piano Tuning
>available from Potter Press
>www.pianotuning.com

I don't see a problem keeping it in place during stringing.  It looks
like there is a hole through it.  A string through the hole and
looped up ovet the strut of the plate should keep it positioned until
the string tension does the job. Then just snip the string.

I'm probably missing something, however. It can't be that easy...

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.