Staining plastic key tips

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 16 14:11:44 MDT 2007

The new ones would have a very smooth finis, so I doubt anything would take.
Sand the 2 new ones with 1000 grit water paper, then they would have a better chance of taking your stain.
How about sanding them all, with say 1000 grit waterpaper, they might even match.
I don't know, if I would put your iodine mixture on them all?
I have never tried any of the above, but if I was faced with your problem, they would be my choices.
Or would it work to sell a keyjob, depending on the condition of the others, and of course would the piano warrant it?

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca