Protek Seizure

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 16 17:08:16 MDT 2007

Re: Protek Seizure"Again...always good to give a disclaimer before any piano work.   The best repair is repinning at $X per hour or I can try Protek and 95% of the time it will help loosen things up, but it might not.   If not we can discuss other options."

Oh, you bet. That was basically my exact discussion with the owner - er, ahhh, I mean that is what my friend said he discussed with the piano owner.....  :-0

Terry Farrell
  alcohol/water will work but be careful or you can really loose centers.   I just use a cheap vodka.   drop on each center and leave it over night or use a hair dryer on low heat not too close and move the parts...I never know exactly what's going to happen with this stuff so I generally only use it in situations like your friends...
  Again...always good to give a disclaimer before any piano work.   The best repair is repinning at $X per hour or I can try Protek and 95% of the time it will help loosen things up, but it might not.   If not we can discuss other options.

  David Ilvedson, RPT