Extreme jumpiness

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 19:38:31 MDT 2007

 Tom:

If you read Jim Ellis' articles on the physics of tuning pins, you'll be able to picture the possible issues which might be contributing to this. It sounds as if you are putting a great deal of unresolved twist in the pins in only a portion of the length of the pin because of any of the reasons you list below--cracks, uneven drilling/reaming, contamination, poor choice of pin size, all or in combination. It sounds, from your description, as if you are coming close to tearing the pins in half. I've done it, and it isn't pretty. Question the man who restrung it and find out the conditions and materials he used. There may be a clue there.

Paul