How to remove PVA glued hammers.

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 05:43:09 MDT 2007

>...hopefully you've already clamped all the shanks, so all you have to do is
>pull the hammers off, ... You don't even have to remove the shanks
>and flanges from the stack

One can not remove a tight hammer from the shank while it is still
attached to the rail and not damage the center. Even using a glue
collar remover without supporting the shank with pliers damages the
center.

The time it takes to remove them from the rail is negligible compared
to center repairs.
I bet I can unscrew the h/s/f/, pop the hammer off the shank, clean
the collar and reinstall the h/s/f in half the time it takes your
glue to get all warm and gooey; with not risk to the centers.
--

Regards,

Jon Page