1965 Petrof Model IV - Rococo style

Plumb Pianos plumbpianos at bellnet.ca
Fri Oct 19 10:38:15 MDT 2007

I have been able to move the keyslip enough to detect that there are two brass dowels parallel to the floor that I would assume were meant to provide spacing between the keyslip and the keyframe.  Over time they may have indented enough in the wood to in effect prevent moving the keyslip up.

However, there are also two screws - not equidistant from the ends of the piano (whatever that means) that are perpendicular to the floor - hence holding the keyslip from being pulled forward.  There is no visible place to undo these screws.  I am thinking of using a hacksaw blade to cut these.  Any other ideas?