Verdigris and Goof-Off

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 10:20:13 MDT 2007

While removing some action parts with light verdigris today I had this
brainstorm to put a couple drops of Goof-Off on them to see what happened.
I was surprised to find that the loosened up almost immediately.  Reading
the ingredients I found that Goof-Off contains Xylene so I tried that which
worked almost as well.  These parts were not that heavy with verdigris and
I'm wondering if anyone has any parts with heavy verdigris available that
they could try this experiment on--or has anybody tried this particular
solvent and with what success over the long term.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com