How to remove PVA glued hammers. ( With electric shank pliers. )

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 14:34:05 MDT 2007

Well, maybe my "secret " is that I live in Georgia,
which is not usually very dry ( as it is right now )
so the ambient humidity, plus applied heat, makes it
become soft, pretty easily.  But there's a "window of
opportunity" involved and, after that, the heat you
apply just dries it up again, and you're 'stuck".

 Peace,

P.S. Ask anyone who's ever removed a  set of
pneumatics from a  player piano deck with an electric
iron,  and they'll probably concur.