can you say "damper lift rod" in German??

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 06:49:41 MDT 2007

oh no, don´t try it with "feuchtere Heberstange". Aside from the fact that this word does not exist and realy makes no sense, one could think about a sexual background! As mentioned, the correct term is "Abhebestange". Karl, was that a joke that I didn´t get or do you want to get rid of a competitor :-)

BTW, on the first reading I mixed something up and thought of that metal rod which is positioned next to the pedal on which the vertical wooden rod is mounted. How do you call that metal rod that is connected to the pedal? I even don´t know the German word for that.

Gregor> From: karlschenscher at internode.on.net> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Subject: Re: can you say "damper lift rod" in German??> Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:48:44 +0930> > You could safely call it," feuchtere Heberstange ", and an informed German > speaker will understand you. Cheers, Karl.> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Delacour" <JD at Pianomaker.co.uk>> To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>> Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 4:08 PM> Subject: Re: can you say "damper lift rod" in German??> > > > At 23:10 -0400 19/10/07, piannaman at aol.com wrote:> >> >>...If anyone on the list knows the proper terminology--in german!--for > >>damper lift rod,> >> > Abhebestange.> >> > JD> >> >