Knabe stretcher and other items

noj fullnotch at westpa.net
Sun Oct 21 13:03:28 MDT 2007

List:
My first pinblock job-20 plus years ago- was a small  Knabe. It had the stretcher over the plate. I was "scratching my head" wondering how I would handle this, and my dad came into the shop. He was a retired finish carpenter, and he said: " I can fix that "! He used a circular saw, set it to the right depth, did a little hand work on the ends- and off it came. I tacked it back on upon completion. Never had one again.
On another note: I use a hand brace for plate screws with Irwin screw driver bits. Again, a gift from dad. Can't find new ones, but I just asked Irwin Tool Co. if they still make them.
Last item:
I am looking for a few bass underlevers for a 1951 "D". There are budget restraints, so cannot install a new back action.
Thanks for listening.
Jon "Eric" Erickson