kawai damper issue

Noah Haverkamp noahhaverkamp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 08:33:11 MDT 2007

Thanx for all replies about this issue. I had already diagnosed it was definitely the string i thought. However, I have since come across a different kawai console that had the same damper harmonic ringing, and it was definitely the damper sitting on a node. so i replaced that damper (again at the tenor break) with a split damper and it stopped the ringing. there was just enough room on this piano. I haven't had the chance yet to get back to the first console. There was very little space for a longer split damper, but it might work. If not, another option would be to extend a damper on a wire over the hammer. After i get back there I'll write an update.
 -Noah