down to the wire

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net
Wed Oct 24 10:04:04 MDT 2007

I restrung several grands (end 19th Century) with Puresound and I was happy
with the sound.

On a few I had string breakage problems and I’ve heared from a good bass
string maker that the quality was not always consistent and that he often
had to remake broken strings for his clients. (also afther rescaling jobs)

I’d like to try the Paulello wire wich I heared is also good. Here is the
site : http://www.stephenpaulello.com/pdf/Paulello%20piano%20wire.pdf

I used his strings but for antique pianos 1830 – 1840 and realy like the
results.

Pierre