customers is funny

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:03:59 MDT 2007

carlteplitski wrote:
> Had a customer telling me how to find his place .  Go down ----- street
> to the exit , and drive 3 miles
> till you get to ------- road. Down this road for 2 miles, turn left at
> that intersection. go 1 mile to the next
> intersection and turn left at the corner where the church " used " to
> be. What's there now, I asked. Don't know,
> I never go that way   !!!   I could have puked on my shoes.  It's funny
> now, but not then.
>
> Carl / Winnipeg.

It's also fun when you don't speak the local language... I'm originally
from the Philly area, but for a while was tuning out of a store in Sioux
Falls.

I recall heading for a tuning, armed with directions starting with,
"head west from the blinking light in town until you get to the third
blacktop, turn left, etc...."   I think I went 20 miles before I
realized that "blacktop" meant ANY paved road. I'd passed a number of
gravel and concrete paved roads, but no asphalt. I had to backtrack to
the light and start over...

--
Conrad Hoffsommer
Ever striving to confirm the Peter Principle...