Who'd like some brass butt plates that really fit ? ( Subscribers sought, please. )

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 06:09:28 MDT 2007

     The supply house plates don't fit a lot of pianos
I see.  The big round notch at the bottom rides too
high over the stud, so when you tighten them  they
twist sideways, and the top edge rubs on the inside of
the butt.
     I spoke with saintly genius machinist Robert
Streicher, yesterday ( who's made parts for Ampicos
and Steinways for decades- you've probably bought some
) and he said he'd make me  proper ones: with a  small
square notch that fits the W,N& G action I'm working
on.  ( He made 75,000 plates for Steinway damper
levers, for APSCO, so he can probably handle this. )
     I'd like to make it "worth his while",  and also
of benefit to other techs, so please let me know if
you'd like a set. ( I'll keep a list. )