C/A glue question

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 26 08:50:17 MDT 2007

I recently tried to treat a grand pinblock with C/A glue and very little of
the glue penetrated past the plate bushings.  Needless to say, I didn't get
the usually expected result.  Has anyone tried turning a grand upside down
and treating the pin block from the bottom?  The pin holes come out the
bottom so there would be a well into which the C/A glue could be applied.
I'm not sure I want to be the first to try it, but If I don't get a
response, I probably will be.  The customer (a piano teacher of course)
can't afford a new pinblock and is just a few years from retirement anyway.

Thanks,
James H. Johnson, RPT