Car Desks

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 11:15:25 MDT 2007

On 10/26/07, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> go to
> http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/82075.aspx?feature=Product_1&kw=car+desk  for
> another idea...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA  94044

> From: "Will Wickham" <wwickham at stny.rr.com>
> To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
> Subject: Re: Car Desks
>

> >Hi Ginny et al,
>
> >I figured one of these was worth a try. I had some furniture-grade
> >plywood left over from a shelving project so I built my own. It is
> >excellent! Easy to take in and out for a passenger, and it holds all
> >my "office" stuff. On the weekends I cover it with a furniture pad
> >and the dog (a Shih-tzu) uses it as a car seat when he rides shot-
> >gun. And it does make a great desk for my laptop - but not when
> >driving... I know a guy that almost lost his life on the back of a
> >cement truck because he was using his laptop while driving.
>
> >will
> >driving the office Prius around upstate NY
>

> >On Oct 25, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Bear, Ginny wrote:
>
> >> I am considering buying a "car desk" to round up the various items
> >> I use as I drive around to customers. Those various items include
> >> items that would fit in folders like PTG info sheets, an atlas to
> >> supplement Mapquest, my cell phone headset, and the cigarette
> >> lighter rechargers for my cell phone and pocket PC.  Plus it would
> >> be really nice to have a writing surface to fill out invoices in
> >> advance, etc.  I've attached a photo of one such unit.
> >>  <<mobile_desk[1].jpg>>
> >> Does anyone have experience with these?   At the moment I'm keeping
> >> the stuff I mentioned above in a cardboard box.  Customers probably
> >> don't see it, but it seems like having something like this would be
> >> helpful.
> >>
> >> Ginny Bear
> >> Seattle
> >>
> >> ___________________________________________________________
> >> This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and
> >> entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> >> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> >> applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or
> >> are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are
> >> hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose
> >> to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you
> >> have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender
> >> by reply email and destroy this message.
> >> <mobile_desk[1].jpg>

Hey Gang,

I found the site where the cops get their laptop mounts, check it out.

 Laptop Mounts For
$49.99<http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=Bl0knDx4iR6mrGZeKnAOu07FUkdfqHc2k8tgDwI23AeCvORACGAIgho-AAigMOABQ3bK2pfj_____AWDJ3taN_KT8FaoBjwFBY2NvdW50QWdlNjB0bzEyMCtFbnRpcmVBZENsaWNrYWJsZStMb2NhbGVfZW4rUmFkbGlua1BhZ2UrUmFkbGlua3NfUitUaWVyMCtVSV8xK1ViYWdDdkZ1bmJveFByb21vdGlvblRocmVzaG9sZCtVYmFnUmhzTnVtUmFkbGlua3MrVmlld19SQURfUEFHRbIBCWdtYWlsLmNvbcgBAdoBMGh0dHA6Ly9nbWFpbC5jb20vNnJta215Nzd3YWhjYnMwNDdndXYxb2xxdXMyN3E1ZKgDAegDzQLoA7gC9QMCAAAA&num=2&adurl=http://www.autolaptoplinkinc.com>
Don't Junk Up Your Passenger Seat
With A Flimsy Plastic Seat Mount
www.policelaptopstands.com

Mike

--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning.-- Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com