Upright pinblock question

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 22:24:24 MDT 2007

I'm told that the "crack" will likely *not* close since it has long since dried and warped to the open state and may cause further cracking of the block if it is to tightly compressed. The site that describes how to replace the screws, recommends using ONE c clamp at a time to secure the block while removing one screw at a time, replacing it with the bolt and nut, and *NOT* over tightening it to try to close the gap; the object here seems to be simply to prevent any further separation. Here is are the directions again: http://www.balaams-ass.com/piano/50-pnblk.htm

Terry Peterson