Upright loss of repetition

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 00:48:59 MDT 2007

At 22:08 -0500 27/10/07, William R. Monroe wrote:

>...Nope, adjusting blow distance is SOP for me on this job, along
>with lost motion...

I seem to recall repetition on the Kawai upright action is not too
astonishing at the best of times, but have you a) checked the keys
for freedom of movement, b) tested the hammer centres and c) adjusted
the butt springs to give the _minimum_ pressure required to prevent
the hammer falling onto the strings?

JD