Upright pinblock question

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sun Oct 28 10:04:29 MST 2007

I would not use a lock washer.
I'm no machinist, but I would think that the lock washer would serve a
better purpose when joining metal parts where there is no compression.
By tightening the nuts in your case, there is some wood compression
which will keep tension on the system and prevent loosening  of the
nut.
(I'll gladly stand corrected...)

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply