customers is funny

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:33:14 MST 2007

Amen to that! I'm in rural Missouri and most of my driving is through forests and farm/ranch land. When I visit St. Louis or other cities, I get very claustrophobic, especially in heavy, rude traffic.

Here are actual directions from the first name in my contacts list: H to Lenox then 63 S ~ 2.5 m to R on Cnty 6230 til it hits gravel then find yellow trailer with a fence then R past a big red barn then 90 degree R turn on Cnty 6245 short way to Grey double wide on R.

But it beats this sort of thing: "Well, Sir, you go on down there something like two miles past where the old round barn used to be then turn right at the old Tylor place (can't remember the name of the folks that bought it back in '72) and follow the creek 'till, oh, about 2 miles before you get to the old auction barn (not old man Johnson's, the other one that burned) and it's right there on yer left, about 8 miles or so, seems to me, if the creek ain't up to high. If you cross the county line, yeh went to far. Say hi to Thelma Louise for me if she's out in her field."

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO