Upright loss of repetition

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 04:55:15 MST 2007

On 10/28/07, William R. Monroe <pianotech at a440piano.net> wrote:

> I don't understand.  When the jack trips out is dependent upon where the
> let-off button is set, right?  So, if ALL you did was file away felt, the
> jack still trips at the same time relative to keystroke, but too early now
> relative to let-off.  Picture the hammer, held at let-off, jack just
> starting to trip.  Now file away 1/2" of felt.  Let-off is now 5/8", but the
> jack still trips at the same point in the keystroke, yes?  Same clearance as
> before filing.

OK, yes, I think you are correct.  What I was saying has to do more
with how far the hammer rest rail is relative to the strings.  My bad.

> Ha!  You're using Bonetti's defence against me, huh?!

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

> I will double check my blow/lost motion, etc. when I return.

I tend to be regulationally challenged.  At this point in my career, I
haven't done enough of it regularly to acheive "fluency."  I can
always figure it out, given adequate time.  One thing that helps me,
though, is knowing there aren't an infinite number of possibilities.
The more I do it, the better and faster it goes.

--
JF

www.ThisNovember5th.com
www.ronpaul2008.com