Food For Thought

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 03:23:43 MST 2007

 Yummm. Good food, Phil. Thanks!

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Bondi <phil at philbondi.com>
To: Newtonville <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 5:03 am
Subject: Food For Thought

Hello. to all.?
?

I am speaking without permission from my fellow
committee members of the ECC. I don't think they
will have a problem with what's about to be
said. If they do, they will let me know. I've
been corrected in the past..won't be the first time:?
?

There's 2 subjects that seem to raise alot of
debate/controversy/discussion/..whatever you
would like to call it - they are politics and
religion.?
?

The recent discussion about tag lines is a
perfect example of this. There's 3 things that I
hope will be understood in the future:?
?

1- We as a committee do not oppose tag
lines/signatures. I am imagining it would take
some serious code-writing to scrub tag lines
from ever appearing in pianotech email. I simply
don't see that happening in the near future.?
?

2- For those that have a tag line/signature in
their email: Please understand that your view
will not be the view of the 800+ world-wide that
are reading your email. Yes, it's cozy and
mostly friendly here in pianotech. That's a good
thing. You might want to consider deleting your
tag line/signature before sending to a public
list like pianotech. I do, and my signature has
nothing to do with either religion or politics.
?If I didn't delete my signature, you would get
my Business name, web address, and phone# every
time I sent an email to this list. Personally, I
see this list as a chance to learn..not as a
chance to advertise.?
?

3- For those who find any tag line/signature
inappropriate, we understand. Please consider
the simple act of moving on as opposed to
raising discussion  on a public list that really
should be done privately. The archives will
appreciate it.?
?

-Phil Bondi(Fl)?
?