Jack button punching compression/let-off button position

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Oct 30 17:48:19 MST 2007

Greetings,

Ha! I went downstairs to have another look and the poofy punching of the one new jack I installed; it had compressed nicely in however many hours it's been.  <Never mind>   :-)

OK, a question about let-off buttons.  Does it make any difference where the jack tender/toe hits the button?  Is there an ideal place?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois