/let-off button position

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Oct 30 20:12:34 MST 2007

Thanks.  Silly me, I was looking at those broken jacks wondering if there was a way/angle the toe was connecting that made them more vulnerable and break.  Duh--if there's a screwball way of looking at things, I'll come up with it.  :-)

On to the next bit.  With the new jacks, I need to use the longer screws for the let-off buttons and route out bits of the rail to move it forward (towards the front of the piano).  There's plenty of room between the old buttons now, so there is room for the larger diamater buttons.  Why have the buttons gotten bigger--is bigger better for some reason?  Or is it simply that there's more fudge room, or bigger is easier to produce, or something else?

Thanks,

Barbara