18'' x 12-3/4'' x 6'' ALUMINUM CASE

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 12:11:10 MST 2007

On 10/31/07, Hechler Family <dahechler at charter.net> wrote:

> Here is what I use for everything: tool case, player piano case,
> "stringing" case,
>
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=39196

Hi,

I used this same case for a few years, I found the hinges gave out on the
top rather quickly especially if you put tools in the pockets rovided for
same, followed by the d-ring attachments on the side where the shoulder
strap attaches. After repairing the hinges and the d-ring with stronger ones
from my local hardware store the latches gave way. I had by then acquired
another and went through it all again before learning my lesson. For
everyday use, opening and closing 6,8,10 times a day and lifting and
carrying from home to schools to churches to homes to vehicles it just
doesn't hold up the way my Duluth tool bag has. I have had my tool bag about
2 & 1/2 years and it shows NO, I repeat NO signs of wear whatsoever!! I
still use my old aluminum case for my string case, which it works for just
fine because I open it perhaps once every couple of months.

Mike

--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning.-- Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com